Re: Coolest thing I've seen in a while (no LBC)

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: Coolest thing I've seen in a while (no LBC)
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:56:13 -0700
David Lieb wrote:

>>     I think there is a lesson for all of us, there.  Something akin
>>     to having no shoes.
>
>     You say that like it is a bad thing....

No, just the opposite.  The quote comes from Sadi, a 13th century
Persian scholar who wrote in "The Gulistan":  "I never complained of the
vicissitudes of fortune, nor suffered my face to be overcast at the
revolution of the heavens, except once, when my feet were bare, and I
had not the means of obtaining shoes. I came to the chief of Kfah in a
state of much dejection, and saw there a man who had no feet. I returned
thanks to God and acknowledged his mercies."   Thus, by seeing others
far worse off than ourselves, we begin to appreciate that which God has
given us.

Buster Evans