Re: SUVs

To: dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SUVs
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:11:13 EST
In a message dated 1/7/2006 10:02:25 AM Mountain Standard Time,
dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com writes:

My GTi  is at least as safe on the road as
any Stupid Useless Vehicle, gets better  gas mileage, cost less, is cheaper
to insure, and is in every way a better  vehicle for me than an SUV.

OK, I know I'm a couple of days behind, but heck, I changed computers and
now have 440 emails on this account alone.

We have an SUV.  We live in Texas/NM and a few times a year drive 600+  miles
one way to pick up the grand kids and visit friends and relatives.   You can
stuff a 10 and 14 year old grandkid, a 6' 270 lb. grampa and a 5'10"
nevermind how many lbs. grandma into a GTI and make the trip if you wish, but
my  1949
model body just wont handle that kink of "better" vehicle any more.

I love little cars, but for long road trips, especially with kids, you  can't
beat the Tahoe.  This goes double when the wife is along and the  probability
of hauling back a large antique something in the back or tied on the  roof is
in excess of 90%.

Robert Houston