Maniflow exhaust

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maniflow exhaust
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 9:34:14 -0400
I finally got my header coated and am in the process of installing the new
exhaust.  ( Limited time due to having a family. :) )  It's loosely fitted, but
doesn't fit.  This leads me to believe that I've just got it wrong.  Upon
removing the old exhaust, I noticed that the tail end of the old header is
longer than the one I received.  It may be modified.  The new system seems to
be about an inch too short, but, it'll work, lengthwise.  Where I'm baffled,
but ran out of time last night, is that the tail pipe comes out right under the
bumper overrider and doesn't have enough clearance???  Do I have the pipe that
leads up to it turned the wrong way?  I assumed that it should be level to the
ground and bend towards the left of the car.  Should it be going up?  Has
anyone here installed a Maniflow exhaust system with a similar setup?

overrider clearance:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/Exhaust_fitting4.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/Exhaust_fitting5.jpg

The muffler isn't tightened up.  It'll still go up about half an inch.  ( if I
take the bumper off. :) )  I know that I can put spacers on or alter the
muffler bracket to make it longer, if needs be.  But why kludge it, if I've
just got it configured wrong? ;)

The bent pipe:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/Exhaust_fitting6.jpg

You can browse photos here: http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/
if you wish.  There's other photos there, unrelated to car stuff or this
situation.  Sorry, no porn. :)

Thanks!
Robert D