Re: headlights

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: headlights
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 22:04:35 -0500 reply-type=response with any abuse report
>> Any adjustments to the electrical system/fuses to accommodate the  H4's??
>
> They plug right in.

If you check your wiring diagram, you will find that there are NO fuses for
the headlights. Marker lights, yes, but not the headlights. Imagine driving
down the road in the dark and blowing a headlight fuse!!!
As Frank says, you can plug them right in. The extra current, however, is
not going to enhance the life expectancy of the headlight switch and the
dimmer switch. When I decided to go to halogen headlights, I bought a pair
of relays from our friends at JC Whitney and wired them up so that one
drives the low beams and one drives the high beams. This WILL enhance the
life expectancy of the switches by greatly reducing the current they carry.
Yes, I love my halogens.
David Lieb