Re: Ford was Re: who's this guy?

To: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>, <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ford was Re: who's this guy?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:58:40 -0400
  uhhh, yer welcome?  LOL!  to be fair / honest ?  evry manufacturer has or
has had a turkey model or an ocasional "oops" come off the line.   some cars
seem to excell while others barely exist.  after all the years i worked both
as a mechanic and as dealership parts counter person, i have seen some real
impressive mechanical mistakes that were assembly line screw ups.    these
mistakes are probably the most significant reason one individual will never
own "one of those cars" ever again.   leading that person off to another
manufacturer's line.   and of course we all know that used cars or as i
choose to view them"pre enjoyed vehicles" are a whole fresh can of suprises.
(anything from the best car i ever owned to the most abused and poorly
represented piece of poop!)   while modern cars are a wonderfull piece of
technology, i'm not very interested nor moved by them.   c'mon folks i drive
a 1979 chevy van with 377,000 miles on it!  and i use it to tow the trailer
too....long distance!   as for my chevy afliction, well i have 2 1955
chevies (waiting for some day to be redone) and a restored 1967 impala fast
back.  and why?  my very first car was a 1956 chevy.   if my first car had
been a 1956 ford i might be a ford enthusiast now.  who knows.  but amusing
as it may seem for the last 30 years i have owned my bugeye, through
numerous cars and vehicular creations.   through al lthis my bugeye has been
a constant.  (yeah, i like my vintage 3 cylinder 2 stroke saabs too!  )
  but modern cars other than a rare exotic here and there do not excite me
in any way.  oh, they are nice and quite plesant to drive.  just not my cup
of tea!

  chuck.
  my car's not rusty....it's rustic!  LOL!  ;)
  Gee, thanks! ;)

  -=Chris
  '77 MG Midget, '91 BMW 318is, '00 Ford Ranger