brakes.

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: brakes.
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:32:57 -0700
Cc: WFO Herb <froggi60@hotmail.com>
Hello spridgets,

  went out for fish and chips tonite. when i pulled into the parking
  lot, the brake pedal went CLEAR TO THE FLOOR!!!!!!    YIKES. .. what
  with the historic races TOMORROW in portland, and a chance to meet
  other listers again..... especially you WFO.... crap. crap crap...

  oh let it be a front hose i thought .. got out of the car looked in
  the master cylinder, sure enough... low on fluid... checked the
  drivers side wheel ..... BIG puddle.. ... .. oh please let it be
  just a hose, not a wheel cylinder i thought ... (disc brakes don't
  even have 'em do they?.... .... got my fish, drove home (it was very
  close by, and i was able to take quiet back roads and use the hand
  brake and 1st gear) .. ate my dinner, and went into the garage,
  pulled the wheel, and low and behold... blown braided line!... well,
  the PO had thoughtfully supplied me a pair of those... dug one out,
  and despite never having done anything like this before, replaced
  it! .. the neighbor came home and helped me bleed 'em, and i'm back
  on the road, ready for the historics tomorrow... i'll throw the
  other spare in the trunk!???
--
Best regards,
 Bill                          mailto:pythias@pacifier.com