1275 debugging - finished

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1275 debugging - finished
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 19:47:05 -0700
There was a gap between the filter adapter and the block.  I put in a
gasket and tightened things down.  There was oil all over the bottom of
the car, but not much was puddling in the driveway.  The oil pressure
tap is leaking a little bit, but that can wait.  I guess sleeping under
a LBC will help one wake up oily in the morning.

Also, it was running real rich.  Not thinking, I'd adjusted the carbs
when the engine was cold after putting in the new jets.  Things were a
whole lot different once the engine warmed up.  Washed down cylinder
walls.  Thinned out oil.  Doh!

I'll get used to a car without fuel injection yet.  Forgetting that
there was such a thing as a manual choke and being real frustrated the
first time I tried to start this thing was the stupidest I think I've
ever felt.  Yeah, I've also stomped real hard on the Grand Cherokee's
brake pedal because I forgot it didn't have a clutch.  ;-)

 - K