Re: My pride and joy, 1500 brake question

To: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My pride and joy, 1500 brake question
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 12:47:57 -0700
David,

Since you mention the tandem master cylinder, I am wondering if you are
referring to the brake switch at the pedal box. If so, this is a normally
closed switch. By that I mean if it is NOT in contact with the end of the
pedal arm, the switch is on. When the arm makes contact with the end of the
switch, it opens (breaks) the circuit. Ususally these get stuck in the open
position from the pedal's continuous contact with the switch at rest. I
suspect yours is out of adjustment. You can test it by turning on the key
and depressing the tiny pin at the end of the switch. If the ligts go off,
you just need to adjust the switch by turning it a few threads closer.
Loosen the locknut first and be away that if it is stubborn, don't force
turning it by the swiych body as it will just spin if you need to use too
much force.

As far as other components, the 1500 is the same as later 1275 brake stuff.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Gerard