Re: Rear spring urethane??

To: Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear spring urethane??
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 16:17:43 EDT
Polyurethane bushes come in more than one different rating of (Shore)hardness
though nearly all are stiffer than any regular rubber item.

Nylon bushes are completely different and to all intents and purposes might
as well be solid.

As far as the polyurethan leaf spring pads go my experience was disapointing.
 They squashed up in an unpredictable pattern (different on each side of the
car) and even seemed worse than rubber in this respect.  When I replace the
leaf springs at a point in the future they will be coming out to be replaced
with the solid nylatron bush or maybe something solid in aluminium.

On a positive note the handling with polyurethane bushes is much improved
over rubber (and YES, the rubber bushes were still in very good condition
when removed).

RS