Re: An exhausting question, part 2

To: <TeachJP@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: An exhausting question, part 2
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 21:32:11 -0500
John,

Sounds like the same set up I have on my 76.  Getting it in place was no
problem with the engine out.  Getting it installed to the engine was no
problem either.  It did develop a pinch point on the pierce intake manifold
at the number one cylinder (Just like pierce said it would).  However, the
big problem for me was installation of the third piece.  Yes, it installs
fine, but I could not get any clamps on the pipes.  There is not enough
space between the two inlets on the collection piece to fit an exhaust
clamp, much less two.  I ended up fitting everything up, marking everything,
removing the engine again, taking it to a muffler shop to have the three
pieces welded together.  Once done this way, the header can't be removed
without removing the engine, but why else would I want to remove the header.
And it does not leak.

Just my 2 cnts.

Brent
76 Midget