Re: Modern car names, no LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Modern car names, no LBC
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 12:58:04 EDT
I have to agree on how cars have become so bland.
My father-in-law showed up with his proud possession a brand new Jaguar S
type. Show it in the showroom, said to himself I always wanted to own a Jag.
This after countless years of driving Grand Marquis. Anyway not a bad
purchase for a 85 year old guy. Hold I am that impulsive at his age.

He says, so now we both own roadsters

But other than the Jaguar hood ornament, no way to know what it was. Same is
true is true from the inside. Very nice interior, but could I tell if I were
in a Volvo or a Jag, no.

I remember the first foreign car I ever owned. A $50 bargain, a 55 Jag Mark
VII Salon with a cracked block. I may have the Mark number wrong. Bit this
was a monster touring car with burl wood picnic tables in the back. Pretty
cool car for a 16 year old kid. Car had character. If you really closed your
eyes, you could imagine that you were actually making out in the back with
Queen Elizabeth and not your high school sweetheart.

David Oliner
60 Bugeye
67 TR 4A