Re: bearings clearances redoux

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bearings clearances redoux
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 23:23:26 EDT
OK I am not going to use a file on my precious block or caps.

But what I haven't heard yet from anyone on the list, nor read about in any
manual (and I have an assortment, but tend to speed read them) that metal
pulling out by the bolt holes is a problem to look out for.
Plus it seems to me that if metal were to pull it would only be at the
threaded part, i.e., the pillar blocks and not the cap.

And I don't see any reason why this would happen with the rods.

So am I just processing some BS?

David Oliner
60 Bugeye
67 TR 4A