A Sign of Respect

To: healeys@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: A Sign of Respect
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 03:26:16 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Friends,

May I suggest, that as a sign of respect, we put aside our discussions of
cars and parts and restorations and the pleasures of driving for a day or
two in the wake of the death of probably 10,000+ Americans in the largest
attack on the United States in history?

Thank you to all of our Canadian and overseas friends who have sent
expressions of condolences and sympathy.

In the immediate wake of images of a commercial jetliner, loaded with
innocent passengers, being deliberately crashed into a skyscraper in a fire
ball of mass destruction, and of people leaping to their death from the
World Trade Center towers, choosing that fate over burning alive, our usual
discussions of part numbers and car values and Healey sightings just don't
seem very important right now.  May we please agree on this?  A day or two
moratorium on the hobby discussions, please. Thank you for your
consideration.

Reid Trummel
Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Army

http://inbox.excite.com