Re: Non LBC Tool Question

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, chuckc@attglobal.net
Subject: Re: Non LBC Tool Question
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:09:13 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/20/01 5:56:27 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

> Large piece of plywood lay it on the floor, run the saw next to it. Cut the
> plywood to the next grout line and do it again.
> Start in the middle, keep the plywd locked up against the wall, do both
> sides,
> cut the wood the width of a tile and do 2 more lines.
> PITA but beats the carbide toothed hand tool.

How about...and I don't know the correct name of the tool....long steel rod
with a flat end, used to chip through a rock when digging in rocky soil.
They carry them at the lumber yards here.  The weight of the tool and the
ability to stand up and do it should make the purchase worthwhile.

After the job you can use it to repel borders.

Have you considered laying the the new tile over the old and raising the
kitchen floor an inch?  Just make sure you raise the appliances.  I have a
friend that had hardwood  floors installed, the dishwasher went out, and now
there is no way to remove the dishwasher short of  tearing up the floor or
tearing off the countertop.

RH

Be more concerned about your character than about your reputation,
  because your character is what you really are, while your reputation
  is merely what others think of you.

"Remember, there is no lifeguard in the gene pool." GGLiddy