Re: Saftey RE: State of current British cars

To: Toby Atwater <tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com>
Subject: Re: Saftey RE: State of current British cars
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:35:53 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Toby Atwater wrote:

> >> Safer? Wanna go head on with a 49 Packard?
>
> >  Why is it so hard to debunk the myth that big solid
> >hunks of steel are safe?
>
> It's the major selling point of SUVs!! LOL!
>
> The SUV saftey argument is easily debunked.

So you would rather be in a small modern car with .032 steel and crumple zones
as the 49 Packard proceeds to drive right over/thru you thinking he must have
just hit a pothole?
Example... My son just lost a school buddy who was hit head on a few weeks
ago.
Friend was in a 2001 Nissan Xterra, 70s Jeep CJ hit him head on.
X terra and driver were road pizza, unidentifyable. CJ was hurtin but driver
walked away. Both about the same size vehicles, Nissan was flat.

So a 49 Packard with airbags and a padded dash (modernized but not cheapened
up) would be the safest vehicle on the road short of a tank.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ