New online computer driving game (No LBC, as least from what I've seen s

To: "Spridgets List \(E-mail\)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: New online computer driving game (No LBC, as least from what I've seen so far)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 22:27:20 -0700
Hello listers,

I'm surprised this hasn't made the rounds on the list yet.  Do you, those
that were there at least, pine for the 60s when you worked on your special
car and took it out on the town Friday and Saturday nights?  Well Electronic
Arts is releasing a game this fall called Motor City Online.  It's supposed
to be a "virtual racing community"  Supposedly you start out with some money
in your pocket and buy a car.  You race actual people, no pre-programmed
computer robots, for money in the game, so you can upgrade your car or buy
new ones.  Supposedly there are over 300 different car models and thousands
of upgrade parts from actual companies (ie Edelbrock, Holley, etc.).  There
will be parts brokers (so Ed can refuse to sell to you as a cyber-space
parts dealer too), car clubs with "turf", racing for pink slips, the whole
nine yards.  It appears to be a very interesting concept, if they can pull
it off.  The website for the game is http://www.motorcityonline.com  They
have some impressive screen shots and movies of the game posted there.

All of the cars in the shots look like Detroit iron, but maybe a big Healey,
Jag, or Mini makes it into the game (Sorry chuck, no Saabs either at first
glance).  If not, EA will be continually releasing new cars, if the game
takes off, to be added into the game.  If we raise enough stink, maybe a
Bugeye or the quintessential '69 Sprite will be included.

For all of those who've posted recently about having understanding wives,
this game may be the straw that breaks the camel's back...<grin>  I forsee
many hours spent in front of the computer trying to eeks out those last few
dollars to get that 750CFM Holley 4 Barrel, when what I should be doing is
going to real work to earn real money to pay for the real paint job for my
real Sprite...<grin>

Take care!

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite