Re: Front disc brakes

To: grbyrns@ucdavis.edu
Subject: Re: Front disc brakes
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 11:12:19 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/19/01 11:07:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
grbyrns@ucdavis.edu writes:

> On the sprite, the splitter is on the right while the master cylinder is on
> the left.  I believe that the right front brake actually end up having less
> length of brake pipe than the left and hence would have greater pressure.
> Since both sides feel the same reduction in pressure from the common pipe
> that delivers from the MC to the splitter, and a longer pipe is necessary to

I guess it depends on the year.  My MC and valve are on the left, so the left
caliper is the closest.  Next is right front, then right rear, then left
rear.  So for bleeding , start with left rear.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport