Re: *@&$*sweet lil Crank Nut

To: Robert Van Kirk <racerbob@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: *@&$*sweet lil Crank Nut
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:52:20 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net> x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Well boys, whut I did was undo the tayub and then whang it real hard straight on
and then tighten it a bit and hit it again. Both of these actions help break the
bond. Then I borry'd a big half-inch impact wrench and with a full tank of air,
it
came. White powder told me the DPO had used loctite.

The tighten/loosen helps and then a kiss 'cause ya love it so much!  If you drop
the pan you can slip a thickchunk of wood between the crank and the block to
keep
the crank from turning very far.  If you're gonna stuff rope down the plug
holes,
do it on two pistons - the motor will appreciate the kindness and you might not
bend a rod (or crush a bearing?).

RacerDavid