Re: BN1 ignition switch

To: pennell@whro.net
Subject: Re: BN1 ignition switch
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 11:57:05 EST
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/10/01 6:56:32 AM Pacific Standard Time, pennell@whro.net
writes:

<< I believe I have a Lucas switch in my BN7 # 3604.  The key is a Lucas key.
 Can you tell from your papers if that is correct for the car? >>

Keith

According to my Lucas Catalog, which by the way covers cars from 1945-1960,
the ignition switch for an Austin Healey 3000 '59-'60 should be part number
31403H and model number S45.  This is the same switch for the 100's, 100-6's
and early 3000's.

Recheck your part number on your switch since I believe all Lucas part
numbers of this vintage should have 5 numbers with a 6th letter suffix as
required.  Later Lucas numbers could have 6 numbers and again a 7th letter
suffix as required.

TO THE REST OF THE LIST

My Lucas Parts Catalog lists all applicable parts for all cars (not just
British) from A.C. through Wolseley from 1945-1960.  If any one wants to know
what should be the correct LUCAS part for their car (this includes every
individual sub part also) drop me a line and I'll research it as time is
available.

Cheers

Curt Arndt
Carlsbad, CA