Re: jpeg

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Jeff Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: jpeg
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 19:36:43 -0000
From Jeff Boatright <jboatri at emory.edu>
To: rob thomas <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Sent: 29 November 2000 20:30

> Rob,
>
> Yow! That looks like it would stick right up through the bonnet of a
> spridget. Do you know if this particular intake/carb setup will fit a
> spridget?
>
> TIA,
>
> Jeff

My bonnet has an MGC bulge cast into it to fit the 2000cc Twin cam engine
(Since died).  I'm reliably informed that it MAY touch the inside of the
bonnet if you have new rubber mounts etc.  Cutting a slot from the engine
mounts and rewelding clears this although some people in the UK just reface
the manifold to lower the angle of the carb.  About $50 should get a V.Good
carb on a manifold.  Then you must fabricate the downpipe sections (below
those clamps in the picture) and away you go!  Postage might be about $25?

Post script.
Following the pulling apart of the engine bay, I tried the inlet and HIF on
the 1098 just before lifting the engine.  The cap of the damper touches the
bonnet skin.  Remove the cap and there is approx 1/4 inch spare.  Shouldn't
be a problem to lose that much height.  Another JPEG if wanted, plus one of
the A+ timing cover/pulley fitted to the car with those lovely timing marks
at the top!!!