what a day! (little bit of LBC)

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: what a day! (little bit of LBC)
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 15:05:15 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
This morning I got up bright and early and headed down to a car museum about
25 miles from my house.  It was a private collection of about 80+ old
(mostly American) cars, from the early 1900's to 1950's.   Some of them were
absolutely beautiful.  I didn't know what a lot of them were so it was kind
of hard to really appriciate them for anything other than their beauty.
There was an Allard, which was really neat to see up close and personal, and
a 1930's Caddy with a V-16 engine!  It was absolutely huge, and apparently
didn't make all that much horspower by today's standards.  I think it was
bigger than my Sprite though (just the engine!).  I also found out the hard
way that my fuel gauge doesn't work.  Ooops.  Fortunately I was being
followed, so we made a little side trip to the gas station and I was back in
business.  All those big American cars did make me appriciate my LBC and
LJC's.  It also make me feel somewhat safer because the American cars of the
era when mine was new aren't that much smaller than the land tanks we have
today, just lower to the ground.

Hope everyone had/ is having a great weekend.

Patricia
'59 Bugeye (full of gas and rearin' to go!)

"If I survive this life without dying, I'll be surprised"
        -Mulla Nasrudin