$75 Midget

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: $75 Midget
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 11:35:09 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Hey all,  Well, after two weeks of phone calls I finally found the Midget[s]
yesterday. One of them turned out to be a BGT that had been totalled in a
wreck and then stripped of everything that wasn't bent. The Midget is in a
garage(?) that is so small and so full of junk I could only slide down the
sides and stand on one foot, lean over, and kind of feel the rockers and
lower body with one hand. My wife and daughter were with me and thought it
was a pretty comical sight. I couldn't even open the doors. Anyway, I bought
it and now have to get it home. I may keep the pedal box for my '65 Sprite
(I'll check the archives but this is possible, right?)everything else will
be up for grabs cheeeeeeep. After all, you know what I paid for it! I quess
it could be fixed but the car is pretty rough in the rockers and A pillars
as far as I can determine and the shifter is not in the trans but it may be
in the car somewhere. It looks to be complete except for the air pump. The
owner said the clutch is "stuck" so the car won't roll but there is a VB
clutch nib in the trunk. I'll get it here this week and will know more.
Jim K. ( in Illinois, where we don't need no stinking inspections but you
can buy a drivers license for a small donation to the gov's campaign
fund)(obligatory crooked politician comment)