Re: downflow vs. cross flow, fan position

To: soavero@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: downflow vs. cross flow, fan position
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 11:04:37 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/4/99 10:53:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
soavero@yahoo.com writes:

<< With the fan behind the HX, the flow
 is more laminar into the HX, and the flow field is
 more uniform, giving much better air distribution
 across the face of the HX.  With the fan behind the
 HX, an inlet shroud is important, or the fan will draw
 air in locally, and not from the front of the heat
 exchanger.

 Still awake?  >>

Good stuff, Ron!  I actually read it and understood it.  And it is info that
benefits us.  I hope Larry Macy is listening!

Now, how about those Splitfires?!?  (Just kidding!)

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport