Re: wheels

To: andy webster <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: wheels
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 21:37:20 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Andy,
what do mean by driveability?
On the wire car, spokes were busted so the wheels flexed.  You don't have
that problem with your wheels.
You will notice if you go with sportier tires.  A lower and wider tire
will feel differently.
If you go with 165/70s, your ride will remain nice, but a 60s series tire
will feel stiffer, but more direct too.
Ulix

On Thu, 6 May 1999, andy webster wrote:

> Hi list,
> Quick question...
> If I were to replace my stock steel rims with alloys..say minilite copies
> would I notice any difference in the cars driveability?
> I saw that replacing wires with alloys gave an improvement for some..
> Andy

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9