Re: electronic ignition

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <otte@cats.ucsc.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: electronic ignition
From: "Dave" <dgfox@uswest.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 13:29:21 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>You get what you pay for.  The ignitor, as far as I know, doesn't too much
in
>the way of ignition amplification - the Crane does and that is why the
Crane
>is more money.  What are you looking for?  To replace the points OR to
>increase ignition energy OR replace the points and increase ignition
energy.

If you use the Ignitor & a high output "sport" coil
you will accomplish both won't you ?
And no need for remote mounted brains that (I'm told) tend to die with too
much
vibration.
I installed the above combo and am, so far, satisfied with the results.
('course I ain't drivin' no "race car")
It's always a good idea to bring a set of points along just in case.
(w/ the crane you need a spare dizzy in the boot)

$0.02
Dave
'67 Midget

>You get what you pay for.  The ignitor, as far as I know, doesn't too much
in
>the way of ignition amplification - the Crane does and that is why the
Crane
>is more money.  What are you looking for?  To replace the points OR to
>increase ignition energy OR replace the points and increase ignition
energy.

>Daniel1312 - Inductor ignition, with peformance amplification on a Sports
Coil