Re: Panhard bar vs Axle Stabilizer bar

To: Ric Otte <otte@cats.ucsc.edu>
Subject: Re: Panhard bar vs Axle Stabilizer bar
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:17:35 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ric,
that's the one I have.
It works great as a Panhard bar, is a clean installation, invisible, only
4 holes to be drilled in the bottom of the trans tunnel, not the trunk,
but an anti-tramp bar (traction bar) it is not.  The rear tire still hops
when truning a tight right hander in the wet under power.  I have good
shocks.
Ulix

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Ric Otte wrote:

> I have a quarter eliptic car and was thinking about getting a Panhard bar.
> I called Mini Mania and they recommended their own Axle Stabilizer bar
> instead of a Panhard bar.  They said it did all that a Panhard bar does and
> more.  Does anybody have any info on these, and on the advantages and
> disadvantages of each?
>
> Ric
>
> end

> Richard Otte