Re: Mine scares me, it likes the speed

To: Peter Samaroo <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Mine scares me, it likes the speed
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:29:11 -0800 (PST)
Cc: fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I don't know.  I have a 5-speed and 3.7 diff and can go 80 without much
fuss, but I don't know that I really like the speed.  Wind buffeting is
much worse and tends to stress out the driver during longer Interstate
runs.  I've thought that it might be more enjoyable to keep it at 70 or
so.

For the record:  I think next time I would use a 3.9 with the 5-speed.

Ulix

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Peter Samaroo wrote:

> I like the speed,
> Tach 5300, speedo 84, Pace car says 87. Bugeye 948cc .060 over, stock
> cam, ribcase, 3.9 diff. 1 1/8 carbs, late 1275 type exhaust manifold.
> Flat Interstate. Definitely time for a 5-speed conversion.
>
> Peter S.
>
> >Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:08:28 -0800
> >From: Fred Krampits <fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com>
> >To: Bkitterer@aol.com
> >Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
> >Subject: Mine scares me, it likes the speed
> >
> >Bob: I don't know how fast I was going, the tach said 5800, 4th gear of
> >a ribcase with 4.22 diff. My 1098cg wanted to go faster, my Midget's
> >suspension wanted to go faster, I just got scared.
> >--
> >Fred Krampits
> >1963 MG Midget MK I 1098CG
> >
> >http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/9021/