Re: book review

Subject: Re: book review
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 00:13:13 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Frank Clarici wrote:

> Richard L. Bergstrom wrote:
> >
> > Great book...I second the recommendation...
> >
> > All in favor?
>

> I have them both, Total Tunning and How to Power Tune.
> I'm in favor.
>
> Frank

I have both editions of Stapelton's book (big differences) and just bought
"How to powertune the 1275 A-series" (I think this book is fairly new).
I really like the latter, apparently written by a UK Mini engine builder.
Some very different ideas from Vizard's (don't overbore to 1380), some
very good tips on engine building an a lot of high detail pictures to
illustrate the concepts to the first-timer.  If you are building your
first hi-po 1275, definitely get this book ($21.95).  A little frustrating
to the Spridgeteer is that he usually only talks about A+ engine
components since they are usually stronger and easy to find in the UK.
When he compares compenents to older ones, it is usually only the Cooper S
(crank, head, etc).  Also, he only discusses factory performance cams, not
aftermarket (Kent, Piper, etc).

                                                           '67 Sprite