No power

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: No power
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 21:47:24 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Motor heads and especially Racers

I recently rebuilt a 1275, stock for the most part.
This particular engine just does not seem to have the power of most
1275s. I have had numerous 1275s and have rebuilt quite a few in the
past.
After driving my Bugeye yesterday with the engine in question then
driving my wife's Sprite today, both with stock 1275s only I do have a
Weber DCOE on the Bugeye (I know it is not the carb since I swapped out
SUs trying to give the car more oomph)
For some reason this engine just doesn't have what it should.
Carb, timing, ignition, valves etc. are all in tune.
My only thought would be cam timing.
Would a tooth off cam timing be really noticeable? or would it just make
the car feel like mine does? Just not quite right.
Any thoughts, comments, or ideas?

Not too critical as this engine is just a temp while the new performance
engine is STILL in the machine shop!
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ