[Spits] Rich Running

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spits] Rich Running
From: Matthew Milkevitch <mmilkevitch@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:39:34 -0700 (PDT)
Fellow Listers;

Recently I rebuilt the Stromberg Carb on my '77 Spitfire.  The rebuild went
well, I got everything installed and the car started up easily.  However,
during tuning I have discovered that I cannot get the car lean enough.   I
have the needle adjustment almost at the end (roughly 3 turns out) and the car
just won't lean out.  The choke is off and the diaphragm is new and intact.
The ignition seems to be fine and the timing is set to stock specs.  The plugs
are quite sooty.  Anyone have any idea why I can't lean this out any more?

BTW, the carb is from an 70-74 spitfire.

Thanks for any input,
Matt Milkevitch
'77 Spitfire
Willow Grove, PA