[Spits] Still a few

Subject: [Spits] Still a few
From: TR250Driver at aol.com (TR250Driver at aol.com)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 19:34:04 -0400 (EDT)
Hey,
I am still here as well.  My Spits have unfortunately and sadly  become
what is known as "Sitters".  My 76 Carmine Red 1500 has been perched  on the
upper rack in my storage garage for over two years now.  Nice spot,  heated
and all, but it has not seen much asphalt for several years now.  I  had a guy
give me a quote to finally install the NOS Frame I have leaning  against
the wall of the lower garage but at 10 large I have too be nuts to do  that.
It is however my first Triumph so I don't know for sure.  It is  a dead nut
original example that may be worth that if perfect.

The 70 Spit is tucked up in the corner of the lower garage.  I  get it out
at least once a year and get it to run.  It is now so highly  modified for
autocross that driving on the street is not very pleasant. And  as I have
grown old now I don't autocross at all.  So I have been thinking  about
bringing it back for the street some by at least dumping the 455  diff. But I
would
need to pay for that too. It's a bitch getting old.   I once did all this
myself.  Well err most of it.

On the brighter side the 70  GT6+ has no issues and I drive it a lot before
the weather gets hot.  The  TR250 is coming out newly restored this summer
and I will drive it a lot.   I can still do that! The TR6 is good and the
TR4 rocks. The Wedges will still go  but are mostly "Sitters" too.

Regards,
Darrell