Re: [Spits] Bushings

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] Bushings
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 22:59:12 EDT
In a message dated 10/31/2009 7:36:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
elliottr@rmi.net writes:

On the  spring I have tried using a bolt - socket that that bushing will
fit into  - bushing - socket about the same size as the bushing  then a
nut and  tightening it.  I didn't get anywhere.  I don't have a socket
large enough for the differential bushing to slide into.

Any  suggestions on how to get them out?==AM==
I haven't done a spring eye bushing, but I have done the diff. bushings.
Easiest (?) way seems to be to fire up the old propane torch to burn out the
rubber part. Then use a hacksaw or (carefully) a Sawz-All to cut through
most of  the inside of that outer sleeve, after which you should be able to
hammer out  the sleeve.

New ones will drive in rather more easily.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 /  Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)