[Spits] Caterham type trunnionless front suspension kit

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spits] Caterham type trunnionless front suspension kit
From: "Daniel Parrott" <parrotthead01@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:23:47 -0400
I purchased the Caterham type trunnionless front suspension replacement kit
(along with the neat-looking Caterham front hub and stub) from CanleyClassic
in the UK, and I'm about to begin the installation into my SpitSix project
car.  Here's the URL for a photo.

http://www.canleyclassics.com/image.pl?file=../data/uploadedpics/catkit1.jpg

Anyway, there doesn't appear to be anyway to lubricate the lower "ball and
socket." Metal on metal bearings don't seem right.  Is lubrication needed?
And if so, how and what do I lubricate it with?

Thanks.

Dan Parrott
Savannah, Ga
1980 Triumph Spitfire "PJ"