[Spits] GT6 Differential & front springs

To: NASS Spitfire <nass@yahoogroups.com>, Spitfire List
Subject: [Spits] GT6 Differential & front springs
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 14:25:00 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

Sadly, I'm writing this in the wake of our GT6 MK1
differential going belly up.  Drive shaft spins...car
no go!

I have exactly 4 more differentials.  3 of them are
from 4-speed cars & the last is out of a '67 with
overdrive.  Our car has overdrive so it makes sense(to
me) to put in the diff out of the overdrive car.

My question is, how robust are these things?  I've
never had this happen in any of my TRs.  Of course
there is the question of the DPO...never know about
what went on before our owning the car?

Another question.  Our '67 GT6 was set up with a lot
of uprated bits.  I'm planning on swapping the front
springs & shocks.  What's the best plan of attack on
front springs?

TIA

Todd Bermudez # 597
'68 GT6 MK1 RHD