Re: [Spits] keeping the latches closed

To: jimmuller@rcn.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] keeping the latches closed
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:27:56 -0700 (PDT)
I've never had this problem.  Make sure the latches,
including the roller are not worn out.  Are the
springs that snap the latches open and closed OK?

Also, the latches should have a reasonable amount of
tension.  The rubber bumper cones that support the
bonnet should get compressed a bit when you close the
latches. If the cones are beat up, replace them.  Also
make sure the sockets in the bonnet that the cones go
into are not all bent out of shape.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit