Re: [Spits] Grommets

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, ljvaughan@pldi.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] Grommets
From: mark.jones@exxonmobil.com
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:14:23 -0400
I attended VTR's NATC in Ypsilanti a couple weeks ago and TRF was there
pushing the flesh.  They of course had a limited display but they did have
a large assortment of rubber grommets and plugs there.  Also, I did buy a
lot of plugs from them this past winter while rebuilding my Spitfire.

Funny, I too found a mouse nest and several mud dobber nests during the
tear down.

Mark

Subject: [Spits] Grommets
To: spitfires@autox.team.net

I finished stripping down my Spitfire tub last night. The heater had a
mouse nest in the fan and a mud dobber nest in one hose. I found the
steering column brace had almost pulled free of the firewall. I can fix all
that but most of the rubber grommets and plugs were missing or torn. The
flap for the heater fresh air wasn't too bad till I scraped it off
with a putty knife and found out it wasn't glued on.  Anyone know of a
supplier for the rubber grommets, plugs and flaps?

Larry