[Spits] FW: Flywheel pilot Bushing size?

To: <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spits] FW: Flywheel pilot Bushing size?
From: "Nick Moseley" <nmoseley@dccnet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 20:28:23 -0700
Sorry for the cross post all. Has anyone had this problem?

Do I have the wrong part from the supplier, or a strange crank?

I tried to put the flywheel pilot bushing into the crank. No go!

The new pilot bushing I have is .75 in. outside diameter. The aperture in
the end of the crank is about .65in. outside diameter. This bushing fits
well into another crank I have sitting around. Vickie Brit lists the same
bushing for all Spits, 62-80, so what's going on, how and why is this
different?! This crank came with this engine, it was all assembled but in
need of a rebuild, when I got it.

Many thanks for all suggestions

Nick Moseley

Metro Vancouver B.C.