Re: [Spits] Size of Crank Pully retaining nut.

To: "Smith, Brian \(CP\)" <BrianSmith1@templeinland.com>, Spitfire list
Subject: Re: [Spits] Size of Crank Pully retaining nut.
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 12:07:15 -0700 (PDT)
I just measured the one on my '72:  It is 1-13/16".

A single socket that large will not be cheap!

I have a monster 18" adjustable wrench, made in China
of course, that I got a couple of years ago at a swap
meet for $15 or so.  It works fine for this
application.  Do you know hte trick of resting the
other end of the wrench on the frame rail, and hitting
the starter to break the nut loose?

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

--- "Smith, Brian (CP)" <BrianSmith1@templeinland.com>