Re: [Spits] Restorable? Your thoughts appreciated

To: Mike Vasquez <mike.vasquez@gmail.com>, Spitfire list
Subject: Re: [Spits] Restorable? Your thoughts appreciated
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:33:19 -0700 (PDT)
One other thing:  About the value:  If you still want
to buy it, I would offer somewhat over its scrap
value, but not a lot.  Maybe $300?  (I am assuming
that there is nothing more than what is seen in the
photo.  I.e., no dash, top, seats, etc.) Of course, if
the owner could start it up and move it under its own
power, you would probably double that.

Of course, if you save $100 (or overpay $100), it is
irrelevant in the long run, because you will spend
many time more on the restoration.

Doug