[Spits] fan clutch

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spits] fan clutch
From: Larry Vaughan <ljvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 17:27:51 -0500
I bought a new water pump for my Spitfire. It's a mongrel but I went
with the 1977 large upright radiator and the clutch type fan. Before I
mounted the clutch on the new water pump, I heated it up with a hair
dryer to see how much the resistance changed. When it was too hot to
handle bare handed, with mitts, I could turn the center part as easily
as when it was cold? There is a fair amount of resistance cold but it
should increase with heat right? How much heat? To the point of lock up?

Larry