Re: [Spit] Synthetic gearbox oil? Yay or nay

To: "S1500" <s1500@comcast.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spit] Synthetic gearbox oil? Yay or nay
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:40:12 -0700
It depends on what type you have in mind.  Synthetic oil is very slick and
if you don't have some chemicals in the synthetic oil that intensifies the
friction between the synchronizers and the gears, you will constantly be
grinding thegears as you shift.  I am using Redline MTL and after several
years, I am very happy with it.

Joe