Re: 1300 vs 1500

To: "Bob Van Kirk" <racerbob70@yahoo.com>, "spitfires"
Subject: Re: 1300 vs 1500
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:54:01 -0700
Bob,
I guess I don't understand what prompted this question.  The stamped ID
number in the block should be evidence enough of what type engine it is.
Unless the dec has been significantly altered it should always be there.

That said, it would depend on which 1300 you are talking about.  The earlier
ones (Mk3) have the smaller crank nut and have only a pointer on the timing
chain cover rather than the elongated tab with timing numbers that were on
the later 1300 (MkIV)  and 1500 engines.

Joe