RE: Generators

To: "'Shane Bradley'" <Shane.Bradley@infinity.co.nz>,
Subject: RE: Generators
From: "Rarebits" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 21:55:10 -0000

Hi Shane,
Assuming you have the original dynamo, you can test this by disconnecting
the harness and linking the two generator terminals together. Check with a
voltmeter as the engine idles, the voltage should rise rapidly with even the
slightest blip of the throttle. The Haynes and factory manuals have more
detailed notes on this and testing & adjustment of the regulator box. Most
people change the regulator box blindly, when only contact cleaning and
adjustment is necessary.
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics