Spit - Miata swap

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit - Miata swap
From: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 00:24:35 +0000
Hello Listers!

   I work at a Mazda dealership and we get a lot of older Miata's on trade.
The thought has popped into my head on numerous occasions, but I never
thought it out beyond that.  My thought is this: could a Miata
engine/trans/rear end be fitted into a Spitfire?  I know a few people have
done the RX-7 engine swap.  But in terms of getting a fuel injected engine
into the spit without major fabrication work as another lister did, could
that be a viable option?  I guess my question is more along the lines of
"Has anyone ever done this or seen it done?"  I am sure it COULD be done.
Where there is a will, there is a way, as they always say.

Thanks,
  Dave
'68 Spit MkIII...far away from being done...again.

===     http://www.vtr.org