Frame Paint

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Frame Paint
From: "David" <popeye444@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 13:22:05 -0600
I've just about got the frame disassembly done on the '67 GT6.  I should be
ready to sandblast it next weekend.  My question is what paint are people
using on the frame?  I've heard a lot about POR 15 but have never used it.
Any other products people recommend?  A POR 15 website recommended
topcoating it to protect from UV but it doesn't seem necessary because I
don't think the frame with get much if any UV exposure.  Spray or brush?  I
plan on spraying unless the list suggests otherwise.

Thanks as always.

David Gates  (Popeye444@comcast.net)
Shelton, Washington
1967 GT6 Comm#KC5188L, Engine#KC5598E
Undergoing full frame off restoration
1969 Spitfire Comm#FDU47651L, Engine#FK30801UE
Driver, rough but it drives and getting better every weekend

===     http://www.vtr.org