Re: shifter part needed

To: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: shifter part needed
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 21:46:40 -0400
As it's just aluminum, they should be able to weld it just fine. It should
still work for you as long as perhaps the ball socket wasn't effected.
I was able to re-weld my shortened 3-rail shift extension, and at least for
the last 800 miles since the re-built the welds and metal has held up just
fine.
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit6whiteyFI/spit6whiteyFI_shortshifter.htm

If they say they can't weld it up, send it my way and we'll work something
out.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com