Correction on the coil voltage

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Correction on the coil voltage
From: Spitfire 1500 <s1500@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 00:33:14 -0500
Well, I flipped around the coil and lo and behold, it's a 12 volt coil by
"accel". The ohm resistance(if I'm reading this right) is at 1.3, which
initially made me think it was a 6v coil. Guess I was wrong.

After cleaning the contacts and doing a little revving investigative work, I'm
thinking the 12v coil(where there should be 6v) is cutting the rpm readout in
half. I've even tried using the old Lucas ignition module and it wouldn't even
start. Sooo.. can anyone lend me a 6v coil for a test?

===     http://www.vtr.org