Stainless steel brake hoses anyone?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stainless steel brake hoses anyone?
From: "v6spitfireguy@cox.net" <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 20:47:37 -0400
Well looks as though I got lucky yesterday coming home from work. The
Spitfire brakes seemed to be getting a little mushy, and I was getting that
typical "pedal slowly drops to the floor" typical of the master cylinder
going bad symptom. But I also noticed that the car required quit a bit
more pedal pressure than usual, and sometimes it would pull strongly to the
left - Hummmm. Continued on for the 18 mile trip home, brakes getting a
little worrisome now, pedal dropping as I increase pressure, but almost
there.
When I finally get home and I am in the Garage looking at the brakes, well
first thing I notice is the right tire and wheel are covered in brake fluid
(thank god for silicon brake fluid (fluif) since spraying all that fluid
under the bonnet would have been a real mess as well as what it would do to
the paint!! Turns out I have a pin hole in the brake hose! Time for new
ones, which leads me to my question. Are there any differences in the
stainless braided hoses from vendors? I want good hoses that fit, but if
there all the same I'll just get them from a decent supplier - Anybody have
any experience good or bad? I'll be ordering them this weekend -
Hopefully the fluif didnt damage the pads and I can just spray them with
brake cleaner  That Silicon fluif is darn slippery!!

http://mail2web.com/ .

===     http://www.vtr.org