Re: master cylinder rebuild kit

To: David Mayer <celiracer81@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: master cylinder rebuild kit
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 13:38:36 -0700 (PDT)
Does your car have a single or dual brake circuit?
The later MCs were designed for a dual circuit.
The car's firewall also needed a depression
stamped in it to make room for the larger reservoir.

The very old brake MCs looked like the clutch MC, but
there may have been an intermediate single-circuit
model with a plastic reservoir.

The bottom line is this:  Does your MC have one or two
hydraulic lines going to it?

BTW, I would not buy from eBay a new part that I could
get
from a vendor, unless it was much cheaper. Just too
many
ways to end up disappointed...

Doug Braun
'82 Spit