RE: Problems with Miata seats

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Problems with Miata seats
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 14:40:54 -0400
>From: "de Brebisson, Cyrille (Calculator Division)" <cyrille@hp.com>
>To: "Rob T. Getzinger" <RTGetzinger@scif.com>,        "Greg Rowe"
><growe58@hotmail.com>, <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
>Subject: RE: Problems with Miata seats
>Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 11:16:21 -0600
>

>How much does a set of miata seats cost usually?

Depends on whether they are cloth or leather, their condition and where you
getting them.  My
local u-pull junkyard will sell ANY seat for $10, but I've never seen a
Miata in there in about 10
years.  On Ebay, they generally go in the $75 to $100 range each PLUS
shipping which gets
expensive.  Leather can be a LOT more.  I did a national junkyard search on
the internet
and prices were $75 to $500 per seat.  A junkyard 31 miles away that had a
pair for
$100 each.  They were dirty and faded, but the foam was good and the cloth
untorn so
I told the guy I would take them.  Then on the way back to the office, I
belately remembered
I was supposed to haggle and asked him if he would negoitiate and he
immeidately agreed to
$75 each!

With some scrubbing and aerosol fabric dye, they cleaned up very nicely.

Greg

===     http://www.vtr.org